HOW DID THE PROJECT COME ABOUT ?
Back in France, we wanted to create an agency that would be like us, and take visitors on day trips from Bordeaux. Two principles quickly structured our project.
OUR ECO-RESPONSIBLE APPROACH
Tourism is nowadays one of the most devastating activities for our planet, so it is urgent to propose concrete solutions to people to go on holiday in a virtuous way. We do our utmost to make our tours sustainable, both in the management of the company and in the content of our offers. At Vert Bordeaux we do not “reconnect people to nature”, we practice a pragmatic and daily ecology, which we know can be improved but which we are convinced is well founded. In concrete terms: each partner and service provider is chosen according to their environmental commitments and all expenditure is chosen to have the lowest possible carbon impact.
OUR PRACTICAL ACTIONS
During your tour
- You will eat organic, or local, or seasonal, and even all three at the same time if possible.
- You will discover the full potential of biodynamic, organic and natural wines.
- No single-use plastic on our tours, we are very careful about the waste we produce.
- You will meet local and committed craftsmen, respectful of the know-how.
- We will discuss environmental issues in Gironde.
At the agency
- We are financed by the NEF. NEF is a solidarity bank, the most ethical in France. NEF only finances projects with cultural, social or environmental value.
- Our statutes and our business plan are part of the Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE). We are committed to contributing to sustainable development and cultural promotion.
- Our governance is transparent and democratic.
- This website is eco-designed. Created by Clic Vert, it is light and is hosted on a server powered by green energy (necessary source). Its carbon footprint is low.
- We communicate on recycled paper (flyers, business cards…), using vegetable inks, and our font is low in ink.
- Our crowdfunding campaign is made on the platform jadopteunprojet.com which only hosts projects with environmental or social value and located in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
- The electronic equipment we needed was bought second-hand: camera, laptop, hard drive… Ecological and economical.
LET’S MAKE PROGRESS TOGETHER
However, at Vert Bordeaux we are not perfect either, and we use a diesel-powered van for our tours. Why didn’t we buy an electric van? Quite simply because at the moment they do not offer sufficient autonomy for our day trips and there are still too few fast charging stations. In order to compensate for these carbon emissions and to improve our eco-responsible approach, we would like to quickly set up a compensation system at a local level.